Monday, February 4, 2013

What is seen is temporary...


I awoke to this: orange light in my eyes. I rose and went to the window, and my heart quickened. It was one of those mornings when I rush to find my camera and throw on something to keep me warm, run down the hallway to the back door, and out into the sunrise glow of a thousand unnamed colors. And I begin recording, as fast as I can all the ways the light makes a miracle of the world around me -- quickly, quickly before it vanishes. Because it will, because it changes as rapidly as the earth spins and the clouds move, and in a matter of moments it will turn gray, and those who missed it will only wake to the dull colors of the overcast sky. But today I have had my eyes filled to overflowing with color, and I will carry it with me through the doings of my day, remembering how life is beautiful, but fleeting. And I am grateful....

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
- 2 Cor.4:18
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, FIXING our eyes on JESUS, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

~ Hebrews 12:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment